Medical coding Entry-level Resume Sample:
111 My Address, Anywhere, FL 00000
Home Phone (xxx) xxx-xxxx Cell Phone (xxx) xxx-xxxx
Seeking an entry-level medical coding specialist position with Med Health where I may be able to use my training in order to prepare invoices with proper codes and facilitate payments of the facility.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy & physiology.
- Knowledgeable in medical billing and coding guidelines.
- Very skillful in physician coding, inpatient/outpatient coding, and facility coding.
- Extremely efficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Access.
- ICD-9 Coding and HCPCS coding.
- Experience in all aspects of insurance: Medicare, Medicaid, and third-party payers.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
Volunteer for the hospital’s first aid society.
Education And Certification:
- 01/2011-05/2011 Career Step Online Training Course
- 05/2011 Medical Coding and Billing Certificate
- 06/2011 Certified Coding Specialists (CCS)
Medical Office Manager
09/2011-Present, Med Tech, City, State
- Communicate with physicians and insurance companies.
- Entering patient’s information with a level of service and diagnosis.
- Prepare invoices with proper codes.
- Check insurance coverage.
- Follow-up on delinquent accounts and create appeals for payments in disputes.
- Prepare and submit claims to insurance companies or patient’s for payment.
- Process claims to ICD-9 standards.
Continue with the rest of your work experience, listing them in turn. Try and not to overdo it with so many jobs. Keep your resume short and to the point.
References are available on request.