Medical Coding And Billing Schools:
Start your career and take advantage of the new student offers.
Medical coding and billing schools online:
This is one of the Approved Medical Coding and Billing Schools Online that offer the best training when it come to getting you prepared to get your certification as a medical coder and biller.
Choosing the right school when it comes to medical coding and billing is a very important step for your success in this career. There are an abundant amount of online schools, but only a few that offer the right training when it comes to medical coding and billing. You should look for a school that is accredited or approved by AHIMA (American Health Information Management Association). This will ensure that the curriculum that the training program is teaching you meets the proper requirements. A great way to get a better undestanding of a school is to read testimonals from prior students so that you can get an understanding of what expierence they went through.
Remember that you need to have the right academic credentials, so it is important to find a school that prepares you for your certification exam as part of their training program, and in return will give you more opportunities to secure employment. From experience, I recommend Career Step to you as an online school since I graduated from there and they prepared me to get started in my healthcare career.
Career Step School
- Promotion: Get a Free Laptop or up to $300 by March 31st
Career Step is one of the top medical coding and billing schools online that offers two differents training options for this career:
Come October 1, 2014 the medical coding industry has to transition from the ICD-9 to the ICD-10 code set, which means you will need to know the ICD-10 code set to get a job. Career Step now offers the ICD-10 FastTrack training program:
Tips For Choosing The Best Online School:
- Approved by AHDI or Accredited – You want to make sure that the school follows an approved curriculum so that the training will prepare you in what is needed as soon as you graduate to start your career as a medical coder and biller.
- Online training support – You want to make sure that the school offers flexibility in your training and has instructors that can help you with any questions you may be having. Look to see if they have live chat. A great feature is student and graduate online community; this is where students and graduates can share and support each other with questions, jobs, etc.
- Testimonials – Go and read through employment and student reviews. Get first hand insight on the school. Read what other graduates are saying about their experience with the training program and also read what employers are saying about their experience hiring graduates from that school.
- Support after graduation – You want to look for a school that will not only be there for your training but will be there after your graduate. Check to see if they have resources, advisors, or post-graduate job support. This is important because you will be new to this field and want guidance and employment assistance during your transition into your new career. A great resource to look for is help with your resume and cover letter, advisors that will prepare you for a job interview, and notifications with job opening looking to hire entry-level graduates.