Medical Transcription Editor Training:
Start your career and take advantage of the new student offers.
Online Medical Transcription Editor Training:
Continuing Education With Medical Transcription: The medical transcription industry is always changing. It wasn't so many years ago that transcriptionists had to pick up and drop off their work at the doctor’s office or the hospitals. Then they started being able to dial into phone systems to listen to a dictation, and send in their medical reports by fax or by the internet. Now a days pretty much all of the work is done over the internet.
If you are wondering if there is any room to grow as a medical transcriptionist or continuing education as a medical transcriptionist, there certainly is. You can always consider working as a medical transcription editor or (VR) voice recognition editor.
A medical transcription editor specializes in correcting and editing medical reports that have been dictated by doctors or other transcriptionists..
A (VR) voice recognition editor specializes in correcting and editing medical reports that have been dictated by doctors or other transcriptionists using voice recognition software.
A medical transcription editor or (VR) voice recognition editor is an experienced medical proofreader with good referencing and researching skills and is a highly skilled medical transcriptionist with proven skills in all work types, specialties, accents, and dialects.
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics report–encompassing both medical transcription and medical transcription editor professionals–states that the middle 50% of professionals in the field earn between $27,090 and $38,590 a year (this includes part-time and full-time).
Medical Transcription Editor or (VR) Voice Recognition Editor Focus:
- Editing and formatting dictated medical records.
- Recognize, interpret, and evaluate inconsistencies, discrepancies, and inaccuracies in medical dictation.
- Fixing grammatical errors.
- Edit the transcribed document against actual dictation.
- Improving content in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Provide timely and consistent quality feedback to inform and update the transcriptionists regarding quality issues and areas of concern to help eliminate repetition of errors.
Online Medical Transcription Editor School:
- Promotion: Get a Free Laptop or up to $300 by March 31st
Career Step School offers a great online course for medical transcription editor and other healthcare careers. They have developed two Medical Transcription Editor programs to provide speech recognition training that meets the needs of both new students and already-trained medical transcriptionists. It also offers training to help you become a medical transcription editor.
- The full Medical Transcription + Editor Training is a vocational training designed for students without medical transcription knowledge and skills. This course prepares them for a career as either a medical transcriptionist or a medical transcription editor. Price $2,795.00
- The Medical Transcription Editor Supplemental Training is designed for those who have a solid foundation of medical transcription knowledge and skills. This program focuses solely on the specialized speech recognition editing skill set. Price $600.00
With their Medical Transcription Editor supplemental training program, you can expand your resume, get access to more jobs, and prepare for the future.
Healthcare careers demand continuing education and medical transcription is no exception. It is crucial to stay up-to-date on medical terminology and procedures, and it's just as important to keep your transcription skills current. With medical transcription speech recognition technology becoming more common and playing a larger role in the industry, employers are now looking for transcriptionists who have the specialized skill set required to work with the technology. Expand your resume to include training in medical transcription editing, and you will have the up-to-date skills necessary to evolve with the industry.